"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pumpkin Mosaics








2nd graders learned about the warm and cool colors of the color wheel. They used warm and cool colors to paint paper that was then used to create jack o’ lantern mosaics. We discussed that mosaics are a picture or pattern produced by arranging together small colored pieces of hard material, such as stone, tile, or glass. We created paper mosaics. Students paid close attention to leave space around all the colored shapes they glued to create the mosaic look. We reviewed gluing and cutting skills/ expectations as well. Learning targets for this project were:

  • I can control my paintbrush.
  • I can use my scissors safely.
  • I can use the correct amount of glue.
  • I can glue my papers flat.
  • I can create a mosaic.


No comments:

Post a Comment