"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Geometric Cats






In Art class, first graders studied shapes and learned the difference between geometric and free-form shapes. Geometric shapes are math shapes, such as circles, triangles, rectangles or squares. Free-form shapes are shapes that are uneven and not regular and often made up by the artist, like the shape of a leaf or cloud. Students each created a cat using only geometric shapes. This project was also great for first graders to work on their basic art skills of using scissors safely, cutting, and gluing! Way to go first grade artists!

Learning Targets:
I can hold my scissors correctly and safely.
I can cut in a straight line with no jagged edges.
I can use the correct amount of glue.

I can make sure all pieces of paper are glued down flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment